The London International Youth Science Forum 2012 (LIYSF 2012) is hosted at Imperial College London. The Forum runs for two weeks, August 16th-30th. The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is sending me to represent our institution, experience science at the international level, and share that experience with UFV students and faculty.
Participants at the Forum will get to watch a number of science professionals give lectures on a variety of topics ranging anywhere from neuroscience to particle physics to ophthalmology. In addition, a number of sightseeing trips are scheduled to local institutions of science and industry, including the National Physical Laboratory. I've also been told that we're going to have quite a bit of spare time and I'm determined to do some exploring of London, so expect to see some pictures of some famous British landmarks.
I will be presenting a poster-board presentation at the Forum on the research I have been involved with at UFV this summer, and should my topic be selected I will give a desperately short (5 minutes) talk on the subject. The research that I am presenting is in quantum field theory.
I'll be attempting to update this blog daily with thoughts, pictures, and stories about my time at the Forum. I hope that I can adequately share this incredible experience. I am exceedingly grateful for this opportunity that has generously been provided by the staff and faculty at UFV.
Thanks!